Want to show some library love? Looking for a rewarding way to spend your free time? Ever thought, “I wish I could do more to support my library?” That chance has come.
We’re looking for enthusiastic volunteers over the age of 18 to help us live our mission, values, and pledge – community partners to work with us side-by-side to provide everyone helpful and friendly service. Take a look at the available opportunities and, if you’re interested, sign up below.
- Sort and organize library materials on book carts; including books, CDs, DVDs, audiobooks, and magazines
- Accurately place items on shelves in alphanumeric order, according to Dewey Decimal classification system
- Straighten shelves, displays, magazines, and newspapers so that they are neat in appearance
- Shift sections of materials, as needed and according to Library Shelving Standards
Time commitment: 2 hours/week
- Set up and breakdown for various library programs (including moving tables, stacking chairs, etc.)
- Meeting and greeting participants
Time commitment: 2 events/month
*Selected applicants will be asked to come in for a follow-up interview. Selected volunteers will need to complete a background check. At this time these opportunities are for adults 18 years of age and older.
· Advance the mission and core values of the Chapel Hill Public Library.
· Arrive on time.
· Do my best with the tasks assigned to me.
· Accept supervision graciously.
· Follow the library’s behavior policy.
· Conduct myself in a manner befitting a representative of the public library.
· Do my part to uphold the high standards of library service.