Volunteer with us
Please note: We have reached our maximum number of shelving volunteers. We will reopen applications for shelvers in August. Please check back then or consider applying for another of our volunteer positions. Thank you!
Shelvers work throughout stacks shelving all sorts of books and media while keeping the library neat and organized.
- Shelve adult, kids, and teen materials
- Straighten, organize, and display library books
- Work independently under the direction of library staff
- Careful attention to detail
- Firm grasp of alphabetical and decimal ordering systems
- Minimum commitment of 2 hours per week for 6 months
- Work can be performed any day of the week during library hours
- Ages 14 and up